Full Mouth Reconstruction
Dr. Joseph Loftus is a highly experienced and skilled dentist who performs full mouth reconstructions at our Dallas, TX dental office. A full mouth reconstruction combines the art of aesthetics with the science of restorative dentistry to improve a person’s oral function, health, and beauty. Do you have broken, missing, damaged, or decayed teeth? Please give us a call today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Loftus.
Who Might Need a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
People with multiple dental issues throughout their mouths may require comprehensive treatment such as a full mouth reconstruction. For example, a candidate for full mouth reconstruction may have several missing teeth, numerous large fillings, decay, broken or cracked teeth, or severely worn teeth due to teeth grinding and clenching (bruxism).
Some patients with certain medical conditions, such as ectodermal dysplasia, amelogenesis, or dentinogenesis imperfecta, may need extensive restorative dental work.
Full Mouth Reconstruction Treatment Options
A full mouth reconstruction is a way to transform or rehabilitate your mouth’s appearance, including the size, position, color, and shape of your teeth. This treatment can restore decayed or lost teeth, correct oral health concerns, and boost your self-confidence.
Generally speaking, any dental treatment that affects all teeth is considered a full mouth reconstruction or full mouth rehabilitation. Treatments can include:
- Onlays – An onlay covers a tooth’s cusp to restore a decayed, broken, or worn tooth.
- Inlays – An inlay fills the area between the tooth’s cusps to repair cavities or worn-down teeth.
- Dental crowns – A dental crown covers a damaged, broken, decayed, or severely discolored tooth.
- Dental bridges – A dental bridge replaces one or several missing consecutive teeth.
- Dental veneers – A dental veneer is a thin, porcelain covering that improves a tooth’s color, shape, size, or length.
- Dental implants – A dental implant is a permanent tooth root replacement that restores a person’s oral function and appearance.
- Dentures – A denture replaces missing teeth and improves chewing function and appearance.
Some options for oral cancer may necessitate a unique full mouth rehabilitation that involves replacing missing teeth and restoring missing oral structures.
Not only does a full mouth reconstruction provide a smile makeover, but it also improves chewing efficiency, pronunciation, bite, and comfort. Some patients may also need orthodontics to attain the best possible outcome for their smile.
Schedule a Consultation with Your Dallas Dentist
We will discuss your aesthetic, health, and functional goals during your consultation with Dr. Loftus. We will also perform a thorough oral health evaluation to examine your teeth, gums, and other oral structures. Based on our assessment, we can determine if you’re a candidate for full mouth reconstruction at Loftus Family Dentistry.
Please get in touch with us today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Loftus at our Dallas dental office. Our team will be happy to provide you with additional information on full mouth reconstruction and answer any other questions you may have.
We look forward to helping you smile!